Photography & Videography at the Taylors Mill
SHOTS FROM AROUND THE MILL. CLICK ON ANY PHOTO TO CONNECT WITH THE PHOTOGRAPHER.
Here are a few things you need to know.
- There is a 24 hour notice required for shooting inside the Taylors Mill for returning photographers (First-time photographers must allow time for a tour of the facility before their shoot, see more below).
- The use of dry paints, flour, and other atmospheric effect materials is prohibited at the Taylors Mill, both inside and outside. No Exceptions. Any usage will result in immediate and permanent revocation of photography privileges on the property.
- Please assume that furniture and props found inside the mill are the property of a tenant. Please respect their property and do not use it without permission.
- The Taylors Mill is not quiet. We have an active community of businesses in the Mill, so we cannot guarantee "studio-quiet" conditions. If you would like to explore a particular space before shooting, email Greg Cotton for more information and to setup a time for a tour.
- If you have scheduled an interior shoot and need to cancel, please contact Greg Cotton at 444.7000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interior Photographers at the Taylors Mill are required to do a walk through tour before their scheduled shoot if they have not shot inside the Mill within the past year. Returning photographers may schedule an additional tour if they would like to take a look at a specific space before a shoot. Shoots must be scheduled with enough time for first-time photographers to have a tour before their shoot, with tours typically given during office hours (Monday–Thursday, 9 am to 4 pm). Email Greg Cotton for more information and to setup a time for a tour.
- Interior photography: $35/hour with a minimum of 1 hour in 1 hour increments. Weekend interior availability is not guaranteed, and will be determined on a case by case basis.
- Exterior photography: $20 per client per day (ex. If you shoot 5 clients in 1 day at the Taylors Mill, the cost will be $100).
- If you are shooting both inside and outside, the price is based on the time you will be inside with no additional cost to shoot outside.
- Interior or exterior videography: $50/hour with a minimum of 1 hour in 1 hour increments. Weekend interior availability is not guaranteed, and will be determined on a case by case basis.
Payments + the Liability Waiver (see below) are due at the beginning of the session time in cash or check written to Taylors Mill Development in the dropbox outside of the Taylors Mill Office. Note that a Liability Waiver is also required for all persons entering the mill with the photographer (see below).
A NOTE ON OUR PRICES
The Taylors Mill is a lovely place for sure; many people enjoy taking photos here! The work of revitalizing the Taylors Mill is expensive. The money we collect in photography and videography fees goes directly to making the Taylors Mill a better place. We know some will disagree, and that is alright, but we thank those that do and thereby help make the Taylors Mill better for everyone!
These fees are for professional photographers and videographers that are regularly compensated for their work and are doing client work at the Mill (Generally, phone and Instagram photos may be taken outside without a permit).
If you are interested in using the Mill, please fill out the request.
You will also need to have signed waivers for all parties involved in your shoot to give to the Taylors Mill management or place in the drop box right outside of the Taylors Mill Office upon payment for session.